Online Homework and Complete Course Solution for Introductory Physics
What is included with Expert TA’s Introductory Physics Platform?
- Textbook Independent Library: Over 6000 questions and growing. Developed by active faculty, the Expert TA problems have been designed to work well with any textbook.
- (New) Edit the Open Stax Textbooks: Edit the eReader form of College Physics and University Physics Vols. 1-3.
- OpenStax: Expert TA has proudly partnered with OpenStax and offers enhanced versions of end-of-chapter questions for both College and University Physics.
- Problem Authoring: Our authoring tool allows instructors to create any of our powerful question types.
- Advanced Question Types: Symbolic expressions, interactive Free Body Diagrams, Advanced Graphical questions such as drag-and-drop labeling, ranking, sorting, etc. allow for compelling questions.
- Supplemental Materials: We provide a collection of resources such as: Lecture Replacement Videos for studio physics and the flipped classroom, Physics Analysis Videos, the Nexus Collection, and instructor generated libraries.
- Academic Integrity: Expert TA offers a suite of tools to help ensure students are doing the work themselves on both homework and secure remote exams.
- Cost: $35.00 per student per semester, $23.34 per student per quarter, and we cap the cost per student at $70.
Dr. Jeremy Morton, CEO Expert TA
(New) Editable eBooks with OpenStax
As a proud partner of OpenStax we aim to enhance their materials and offerings by providing technology solutions that they may not have themselves. Currently there is no way directly via OpenStax for instructors to customize or edit the texts in an eReader format.
We are happy to help the adopters of these texts by now providing such an editor and corresponding eReader. Instructors will be able to rearrange, rewrite, change/add images, add new sections/chapters, or easily do more advanced things like embed videos or PheT simluations. Your edited version of the textbook will be distributed through an eReader and available to students from the main class management page in Expert TA.
If you are interested in learning more about this, use the form provided at the top of this page to contact us.
Our Content and Question Types
Textbook Independent Library Expert TA has partnered with dozens of institutions in order to create a collection of physics questions that can work seamlessly with any textbook. Not depending on their end-of-chapter questions, instructors can change their textbook from year to year, or even semester to semester, but their homework stays the same.
The majority of our adopters use an option such as Knight, Halliday Resnick, Cutnell and Johnson, Giancoli, Serway and Jewett, Serway and Vuille, etc. for their textbook.
OpenStax College and University Physics We provide coverage of the end-of-chapter question from both College Physics and the three-volume University Physics books. In addition, we supplement this by providing access to questions from our independent collection. The OpenStax problems are enhanced with hints and feedback, scaffolded where appropriate, and designed to leverage our advanced question types.
Having detailed and thorough solutions available to students is critical. Expert TA’s Introductory Physics library has comprehensive, step-by-step solutions.
- Formatted Math: Our solutions utilize MathJax and “LaTeX-for-the-web”, providing textbook quality presentation of math and scientfic equations.
- Thorough: Students need much more than a list of the formulas used to get to an answer. Our solutions provide in-depth commentary about why each intermediate relationship is used and any nuance of how it was applied.
- Student Specific Numbers: With our solutions, students see the random numbers from their questions rather than example numbers.
- Instructor Control: Instructors have full control as to how solutions are released or whether they are released at all.
- Step-Based: Detailed explanations can be released as students complete each part of a problem. This allows them to see the full solution for Part a of problem, before moving on to the rest of the questions.
To view examples of our full solutions please Click Here.
A Stress-Free Semester
You and your students should be thinking about physics, not about course set-up and technological configurations. Expert TA knows this and has gone to great lengths to make the entire experience as smooth as possible.
- Simple Registration: You share a registration link, students go through an easy three-step process, and they are enrolled and taking assignments.
- LMS Integration: Instructors can synchronize grades with their LMS gradebook. For students, single sign-on provides access to all the course materials from one location.
- A Commitment to Customer Service: The company was created on the idea of building great educational solutions, but to the Account Managers at Expert TA we think of ourselves first as a customer service company.